Monday 5 March 2012

Are you living your dream?

Not long ago I was having wine with a girlfriend and during the evening she told me a story about a conversation she had recently with her husband and how she had said to him "are you living your dream because I am".
Wow, are you living your dream? Think about it!
These are some powerful, beautiful and possibly sad words.
Before three years ago I may not have replied yes. I had been searching for what I wanted for myself in life. I had been on this journey for many years, trying lots of things and being good at most of them but not great or maybe a more accurate word is passionate.
I wasn't unhappy and I've always felt lucky but I wanted something for me.
And then one day it happened. I was having wine, yes more wine with a different friend while 6 kids ran around waiting for their turn for a haircut ... And the idea of bringing haircuts to others in their home came to me. A couple nights later I mentioned it to my husband and he agreed it had potential and thus Haircuts on Wheels was born.
Before this moment, I had been letting life lead me. I had no goals, no dreams. Imagine!
We all need goals and dreams. I didn't know this.
A dream gets you excited,brings you beyond your immediate world and makes you passionate. Have you ever felt passionate about something. It is one of the best feelings ever. It wakes me up
in the night, it makes me exercise harder, sing louder, because it feeds my energy.
Find your passion, dream, make a plan and set goals.
Only you can create your dream! And then live it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment